Friday, October 19, 2007

Fashion Trend: The Spectator Shoe

Last fall I bought a pair of black Stuart Weitzman Spectators. Spectators look like men's oxfords with a heel (sometimes they are called correspondent shoes). I thought they were so cute. They had this great 1920s look and yet still look modern. They look cute with jeans, dressy pants, skirts, and dresses. So it’s a pretty versatile shoe. The heel was pretty high, but the platform helped make walking easier. Plus I have to admit I love how tall heels make me so I usually say the higher the better - who cares if I can't walk?

Somehow Stuart Weitzman makes really high heels easy to walk in and relatively comfortable. I own a lot of his shoes. Bloomingdales always has a good selection, and depending where you live there are whole bunch of Stuart Weitzman stores. Copley Plaza has one.

This fall, it seems the Spectators are even more popular as every shoe maker seems to be making a version of them. And this looks like a style that will come back again years from now and still look cool (not like fluorescent t-shirts).

Here's a really cute pair of Stuart Weitzman's - they are actually different from the pair I bought last year - the heel is smaller on these:


It's called the Mendoza-Platform and they are $298.00 at StuartWeitzman.com. Bloomingdale's often has good sales and you can get them for less there. These look like they would looks super cute with a skirt or jeans.

Fendi has a cute patent leather peep toe one at Barneys for $710.00:


These patent Moschino's are cute, but at $460.00, I'm not sure they are 'cheap and chic' like their name suggests (I guess it's all relative):


This is my must have pair - sort of a take on the spectator. I think I am literally going down to Barneys today to buy these Marc Jacobs for $450.00, I LOVE THEM:

No comments: