Saturday, January 5, 2008

Hello my Friend Mary Jane...

I thought I had blogged about these Patent Leather Mary Jane Manolo Blahniks earlier, but apparently it was a few different pairs of Manolos I talked about.

I've wanted these for a while, but never got around to buying them.

I loved the red patent, but I felt I would get more wear out of the black patent leather pump. Barney's only had one size left, so I had to get them at Neiman's. Sorry Barneys!





The Museum of Fine Arts in Boston has an exhibit going on right now called Walk This Way - it's literally an exhibit of shoes, but they all over over the museum.

Shoes are placed in various rooms through out the first and second floors, and you have to go on a bit of a scavenger hunt to find them. That part was sort of cool, but kind of annoying. I realize they would often show shoes with the art that inspired them or whatever, but I would have enjoyed seeing them all in one location.

Some are modern shoes, like the pair of Manolos I just got, and a funky pair of Vivienne Westwood's - other shoes date back hundreds of years. They also have a pair of sandals worn by Marilyn Monroe, and sneakers worn by Run DMC.

I don't understand how the people in Italy wore these 22" platforms! How could they walk? Now I love heels and platforms as much as the next girl, but damn, those were REALLY high. I said to bf "see women have been wearing uncomfortable footwear they can't walk in since the beginning of time!"

The MFA is always worth checking out, and you can see some cool shoes as you wander through the museum.

UPDATE: The shoes are so comfortable on, Really! Blahniks are some comfy shoes to wear all day for heels. LOVE THEM!

No comments: