Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Crazy Weather!

OMG I left work right at 5 today to try to beat the rain I could hear was coming.

It was very dark and thundering and I could see some lightening, but otherwise it was ok - no rain yet.

I made it to Somerville - basically to Powder House Blvd - and then the sky just opened up. And wow did it open up!! Rain and hail were coming down so hard and so fast my wipers couldn't go fast enough! I couldn't see anything - if someone rain out in front of my car I wouldn't have seen them. It was really scary. I was so close to home though I just wanted to get there -and I didn't know how long the rain would last.

The streets became instantly flooded. like REALLY flooded - giant waves flying up as I drove through the puddles. I was afraid I might get stuck in the water. I hope no one was walking by! Well actually they would have been soaked anyway and getting pegged with hail - guess it wouldn't have mattered that much.

I think those final 3 streets or so to my house took me 15-20 minutes to navigate. Scary!

Once I got home I heard lots of police go by with sirens on and the fire truck across the street went out for 2 calls.

No comments: