Sunday, May 25, 2008

Random Thoughts

a whole bunch of random thoughts in one post...

First - today while doing errands I was stuck at a red light in Somerville. I know shocking. But what really annoyed me - is that a pedestrian came up to the light. It's red in the direction she wants to cross so she can go, and even if it wasn't - if no one is coming why not cross? Anyway she pushes the walk button. and then just walks across the street. UM why the fuck did you push the walk if you were just going to walk anyway? Why do people always do this??? Then I continued to be stuck at the red light while no one crossed because she had crossed like 5 minutes earlier at this point. I see people do this all the time. Push the button then walk immediately never actually waiting for the WALK sign. So all the cars get stuck waiting longer. I mean sure if it's a busy road and there's never a break in the cars - clearly you have to press the walk to cross, but I'm talking about the people that press it when no one is coming, or the ones that press it and walk right after never waiting for it. It makes no sense to me.

And on a completely different note... Years ago when the Tir Na Nog was open (*sigh*) in Somerville I used to love to see Ronin Quinn play there and got his cd. He's got the best cover of Rainy Night in Soho - it's so good I can listen to it 10 times in a row and annoy everyone around me - HA. Anyway, I had ripped a whole bunch of cds onto a hard drive and that was one of them. The hard drive died and I lost all the music on it. I was so upset, because some of the cds I had ripped I just couldn't find. I don't know what happened to them, but they were gone. Then the Nog closed and I thought my Ronin Quinn cd was lost forever... Tonight while going through old cds to throw them away I found a copy of the cd - I had burned some mp3 backups to a disc and forgot about it!!!! YEY!! I'm enjoying the cd again. :)

No comments: