Monday, March 17, 2008

Excelsior

WOW. I LOVE this place.

BF took me to Excelsior for my birthday and I can't wait to go back! We got an awesome bottle of wine: Turley Zinfandel from CA. Then we had a sampler of oysters - with three kinds of sauces to put on them - which were fantastic. I especially loved the ones from Duxbury. Then we had the Tuna Tartare - which I loved as well. The soy-lime dressing on it and wasabe was so tasty. Very complex mixing of flavors. And then bf had the duck, and I had the lobster dish which was so fabulous. Each thing got better and better. For dessert we just got the cheese plate with 3 cheeses, fruits, and bread/crackers. Also fantastic, and we were so full we took it home and enjoyed it the next day.

Service was fantastic, and I loved the cozy seat we got. All around it was a perfect birthday meal. I cannot WAIT to go back.

BF: hint hint - book reservations next week. ;)

No comments: