Wednesday, April 9, 2008

This makes me sad...

I just read on Boston.com that big black dogs don't frequently get adopted. People are afraid of them. I don't understand why? How is a black lab scary at all? They are sooo sweet. The little doggie in the photo is so adorable - and looks so sad - I wish I could take her home! (My apt doesn't allow me to have dogs, only cats)

The same often happens for black kitties too. My cats are both black and I got them at a shelter - the woman [at the shelter] told me often the black pets don't get adopted either because of superstition (black car crossing your path) or fear. I just don't understand it. Naturally after hearing that I immediately adopted the two black kitties and they are the best little guys ever.

How cute are my boys?







</end crazy cat lady moment>

2 comments:

Kim said...

One of my cats is all black. He's like a little panther! I once had an all-black female named Greta. She was amazing. I read somewhere that shelters put a ban on black cat adoptions during Halloween. I guess some people take them home just to use them as props for parties, then let them go or give them back. Awful.

DJDiva said...

I've heard that too about Halloween. It's so sad. Pets have so much unconditional love - it boggles my mind why anyone would want to hurt one.