Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Grammy's

I've been watching the Grammy's tonight and I think it's the best one I can remember in a while. I'm not really a fan of mainstream pop so usually I think they are crappy. But this year, maybe because it's the 50th anniversary, has had some really great performances.

Alica Keys, Tina Turner, Aretha, Herbie Hancock doing Rhapsody in Blue (which was fantastic), Kanye West and a bunch of other great performances. And how old is Tina Turner now? The woman is still fantastic and looks great - it's amazing.

UPDATE: Herbie Hancock - Album on the year... even more fantastic. It's nice to see people that actually play an instrument win. Actually I just looked at the previous album of the year recipients and they are all pretty good. It's nice to see Jazz up there though for a change.

No comments: