Saturday, January 10, 2009

Car Buying Part 2.. or 3

I get more annoyed as this process goes on. Why is it really this difficult to get a straight answer and buy a car? WHY?

I don't think there is anything more annoying or difficult to buy than a car.

I recently got this response to my request about an RDX:

The one thing that no Acura dealership can promise you right now is any type of special financing as the rebates combined with the special financing ended Monday. If you're willing to pay a little more for the RDX, you are qualified to get the special financing. Otherwise, we can get you an awesome price, but your financing will be dependent on the best we can find in the market today (which is normally the best available as we have up to 20 banks at any given time fighting to earn our business!).

Which one of those two options are the better choice for you? Let me know so that way I can get you the best information and price to your financing option as possible!


Why the hell would I have to pay MORE to get good financing. On WHAT PLANET is that acceptable?

Here's my reply to the most recent bullshit:

Currently Acura’s website is listing the financing as follows:

Special AHFC A.P.R. financing available on all new 2009 RDX models. 0.90% APR financing for 24-36 months or 2.90% APR financing for 37-60 months available to customers who qualify for the AHFC Super Preferred credit tier. Example for 2009 RDX: 0.90% for 36 months financing at $28.16 a month for every $1,000.00 financed. Dealers set actual vehicle sales prices. See participating dealers for details. For well qualified buyers. Not all buyers may qualify. Higher rates apply for buyers with lower credit ratings.

Offer valid 1/6/2009 through 2/2/2009, on new and unregistered 2009 RDX Models and only on approved credit by Honda Financial Services through participating dealers. Honda Financial Services' standard credit criteria apply. Example for 2009 RDX: 0.90% for 36 months financing at $28.16 a month for every $1,000.00 financed. See dealer for details. Dealers set actual prices. Limited time only.

I have a credit score of 786 which would make me a well qualified buyer, so I’m not understanding why I would not be able to get the special financing?


Can anyone explain to me why one would have to pay MORE for a car to get special financing? Or how when the website clearly lists the financing valid until Feb 2 that a dealer could say it ended on Monday?

No comments: