Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

I love thanksgiving... until I feel like a whale after consuming 2000 calories in one meal... But that's not going to stop me today, I can just run tomorrow :)

I'm watching the Macy's thankgiving day parade. Cheesy I know, but I've always watched it and I feel like I can't break that tradition now. My boyfriend wants to shoot himself in the head watching this shit. My parents wouldn't let me play my Christmas records (yes really records) until I saw santa at the end of this parade because that was the "official" beginning of the Christmas season. I'm sure it was just a way for them to keep their sanity because otherwise I would have had the sesame street christmas album playing 24/7 all year round. I would sit there the whole parade just waiting for santa. I don't think I paid any attention to the rest of the parade.

Then there is the football on thanksgiving. I don't really get why Dallas and the Lions always get the tday game. I think it should be the Patriots, but maybe I'm biased. My hometown has the oldest high school football rivalry in the country which I think it pretty cool. When I was in high school it was such a huge deal and the powder puff the day before was such a big deal. Funny.

No comments: